This Privacy Notice applies to personal information processed by Oasis Labs, Inc. (“Oasis Labs,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) in the course of our business, as collected from users who store and manage Digital Assets and use their Mobile App (each a “User”), developers who use the Oasis Network to build and host their own applications (each a “Developer”),our website, our applications, and our related online and offline offerings (collectively, the “Services”).
All capitalized terms not defined in this Privacy Notice will have the meanings set forth in the Oasis Labs Terms of Service.
AN IMPORTANT NOTE.
The categories of personal information we collect depends on how you interact with our Services.
Information You Provide to Us.
Account Information. When you create an account with Oasis Labs, we collect information such as your name, email address, phone number, and other information.
Digital Assets. The Services allow Users to manage various Digital Assets, such as cryptocurrency, identity, health data, browsing history or anything else that you deem valuable or upload to the Services.
Your Communications with Us. We collect personal information from you such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our Services, request customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
Interactive Features. We may offer forums, blogs, chat and messaging services, and social media pages. Oasis Labs and other individuals who use our Services may collect the information you submit or make available through these interactive features. Any information shared on the public sections of these channels will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections referenced herein. By using these interactive features, you assume the risk that the personal information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
Customer Service and Support. If you call or otherwise interact with Oasis Lab’s customer service and support, we may collect the information you provide to our representatives. In addition, we may record telephone calls between you and our representatives for training and quality assurance purposes.
Conferences, Trade Shows, and other Events. We may attend conferences, trade shows, and other events where we collect personal information from individuals who interact with or express an interest in Oasis Labs and/or the Services. If you provide us with any information at one of these events, we will use it for the purposes for which it was collected.
Business Development and Strategic Partnerships. We may collect personal information from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities. Job Applications. We may post job openings and opportunities on the Services. If you reply to one of these postings by submitting your application, CV and/or cover letter to us, we will collect and process the information contained therein to assess your suitability, aptitude, skills, and qualifications for employment with Oasis Labs.
Information Collected Automatically.
Mobile App. If you are a User with a Digital Wallet, we will initially provide you with a wallet address (also referred to as a “public address”) and subsequently collect your wallet address as you use the Services. We will also collect information about your Digital Wallet including the types and amounts of Digital Assets on the blockchain you possess and details about transactions into which you have entered.
Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use the Services. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, location information (including inferred location based off of your IP address), Internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during and after using the Services, information about the links you click, information about how you interact with the Services, including the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use the Services. Information we collect may be associated with accounts and other devices.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ device browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the Services that collects information about users’ engagement on the Services. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include web beacons in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
Information from Other Sources.
Our Developer Customers. If you use our Services on behalf of an organization (e.g., your employer), that organization may provide us with information about you so that we can provision your account.
Third Party Services and Organizations. We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third party services and organizations. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as a third-party login service or a social networking site (e.g., Google, GitHub, WeChat), we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made available via your privacy settings.
02. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information for a variety of business purposes, including to:
To provide the Services or Information Requested.
- Fulfill our contract with you or the organization on whose behalf you use the Services
- Manage your information;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Process payment card and/or other financial information to facilitate your use of the Services;
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services; and
- Answer requests for customer or technical support.
- Pursue legitimate interests, such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention;
- Measure interest and engagement in the Services;
- Develop of new products and services;
- Improve our products and Services;
- Ensure internal quality control and safety;
- Verify individual identity;
- Carry out audits;
- Communicate with you about activities on the Services and changes to our agreements;
- Prevent and prosecute potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforce our agreements; and
- Comply with our legal obligations.
Consent. Oasis Labs may use personal information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
De-identified and Aggregated Information Use. We may use personal information and other data about you to create de-identified and/or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create. De-identified and/or aggregated information is not personal information, and we may use and disclose such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes.
Share Content with Friends or Colleagues. Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, we may allow you to provide information about your friends through our referral services. Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services.
- Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality;
- Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Services;
- Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third party sites.
Cross-Device Tracking. Your browsing activity may be tracked across different websites and different devices or apps. For example, we may attempt to match your browsing activity on your mobile device with your browsing activity on your laptop. To do this our technology partners may share data, such as your browsing patterns, geo-location and device identifiers, and will match the information of the browser and devices that appear to be used by the same person.